Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007

Yes, I have moved again...

I consider it my mistake that I never write down first impressions. So many things had happen over the past seven years... some of the experiences had became so vague that I can hardly remember them, and some had became a part of me while I hardly recognize them...

I have moved to Vienna three days ago. Yes, I have moved again... this is the fifth country of residence in my 27 years of life. I have changed 15 addresses during that time.

Leaving Belgrade was as usually uncomfortable for me. It always feels like it's the second time; the first time is the one and only!

I was lucky enough at the airport not to run onto customs. I guess they were busy splitting the pot of cash they had just robbed of a few forever-gone young students who will never see this country with the same eyes ever again.

I got stamped; cop is giving me my passport back! Always a risky moment! You never know when they are going to decide that "your country needs you".

Since I haven't seen the customs, I forgot to report my laptop. They may decide to tax me on a year old laptop next time I come to Belgrade. Nothing new... It just pisses me off when I have to decode their Neanderthal voices directed at anything that runs on batteries!

Anyway, the flight was fine. Nothing had fallen of the 50 years old airplane.

Austrians proved perfectly organized as expected - the apartment is more than fine, picking up visa went smooth and fast, and any question I had were answered even before I clicked the "send" button.

Keine Kommentare: